Find out more about the 302BJJ Instructors who teach Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, Mixed Martial Arts, Muay Thai, Kick Boxing and Self Defense at 302BJJ.
“Wild Bill” Walters
Founder of 302 Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
Black Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Instructor Bill Walters established 302 Jiu Jitsu in 2007 as the largest Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, Mixed Martial Arts, Muay Thai, Kick Boxing and Self Defense academy in New Castle, Delaware with over 15 years of experience instruction and training.
• Bill Walters started training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in 1998
• He has competed in: IBJFF Pan Am, Grapplers Quest, US Grappling, and NAGA
• Was awarded his Blue Belt in 1999
• Received his Purple Belt in 2001
• Received his Brown Belt 2005
• Received his Black Belt from Phil Migliarese in 2009
Tim “South Jersey Strangler” Williams
Former CFFC Middleweight Champion
• Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Black Belt in 2014 (Phil & Ricardo Migliarese)
• The Ultimate Fighter TV Show Veteran
• Numerous submission grappling and BJJ medals
• 6-1 amateur boxing record
• 3-0 amateur kickboxing record
• 6-0 amateur mma record
• Cage Vengence 205lb Champion
• Combat in the Cage cruiser weight Champion
• 11-3 professional mma record
• Former Locked In the Cage 185 champion
• Mid Atlantic MMA 185 champion
• Former Cage Fury Fighting Championships 185 champion
Earl “Trouble” Small
• Earl “Trouble” Small
• Commended blackbelt at age 21
• 4-0 Amatuer MMA fighter
• Stellar Fights Middleweight Champion
• 2x Pan Am champion
• 08′ GrapplersQuest Teens National Champion
• 09′ GrapplersQuest Teens Northeastern Champion
• 10′ Naga Battle at The Beach Champion
• 10′ GrapplersQuest Teens National Champion
• 2x Mission Submission Absolute Champion
Bio Coming Soon!
BJJ Brown Belt
Sam started training Jiu Jitsu in 2008 and currently runs 302 BJJ’s morning classes (i.e. the “Breakfast Club”).
Sam wrestled through college, competing at the Division I level at Columbia University. After his wrestling career, Sam dabbled in powerlifting, bodybuilding, distance running, and triathlons. Injuries and boredom in those “safer” sports led him back to the mats, where he was immediately hooked. Sam competes regularly and has numerous wins in tournaments such as Grappler’s Quest, the Good Fight, and US Grappling. He also frequently travels to other gyms to test his skills against new competitors and friends. Sam finds the camaraderie, constant learning, and seeing his training partners develop their own skills to be the most rewarding parts of his training and the Jiu Jitsu lifestyle.
Off the mats, Sam is a corporate litigation partner at a Wilmington, Delaware law firm. He continues training for the day that the Delaware Courts authorize “trial by combat.”
BJJ Purple Belt
• Taught courses in self-defense & Jiu-Jitsu for Children & adults including police and various other local authorities.
• 2nd place 1996 Yamasaki BBJ open Men’s 160lbs division
• 1st place 1997 Yamasaki BBJ open Men’s 160lbs division
• Finished 2nd in 1998 in NAGA Men’s Advanced 170lbs overall points standings (North American Grappling Association/National Championships), 5 separate tournaments placed 1st or 2nd in each
• Finished 4th in 1999 in NAGA Men’s Advanced 170lbs overall points standings (North American Grappling Association/National Championships), placed 1st or 2nd in first 3 tournaments but did not compete in final two tourney’s due to injuries.
• Helped lead Team to 1st place overall team title in 1999 in NAGA (North American Grappling Association / National Championships)
• Placed in many other tournaments between 1999-2001 including Grappler’s Quest, Ground Control Classic, NAGA
• Wrestled 152, 160, & 171 lbs for St. Mark’s highschool in 1992-1995, Delaware Team State Champions in 1992,1993,1995